Boulevard has been hard at work in September! We released the ability to charge for products used in services, finalized our Zapier integration to automate workflows, gave service providers insight into their gratuity totals, made even more improvements to the Boulevard Duo app, and more. Read on to learn about everything new in Boulevard last month!
Charge for products used during services
Certain services like Botox injections or facials use products during the appointment, and now you can track and charge for this product usage. First, you’ll specify the product used for a service and then set the default unit quantity and price.
You can also modify the service price on an appointment’s details or at checkout based on how much product was used. All product usage is automatically tracked in their stock levels and reporting.
For more information on setting up usage-based pricing, check out this support article.
Build custom automations with Zapier
Looking to create automated workflows to save your team valuable time? There’s a zap for that. Zapier moves information between 3,000+ web apps automatically through Zaps, so you can eliminate routine manual tasks and focus on what matters most.
To create a zap, simply choose Boulevard and select from the available triggers to automate a workflow to another application your business uses. Some examples of what you can accomplish include:
- Automatically tag client profiles based on their purchases
- Pass client and appointment data into marketing platforms like Klaviyo for advanced marketing automation
- Set up time blocks across locations for staff who float between them throughout the day
- Confirm client appointments using a texting platform such as Twilio
- And much more!
Boulevard’s Zapier integration is available to all partners with Premier and Enterprise subscriptions. Learn how to get access to Boulevard’s Zapier app here!
Keep track of your tips from the Professional App
The wait is over. Service providers can now see their total gratuity during a given period of time on the Performance tab of the Professional App!
To enable staff members’ access to view their performance, toggle on the “Mobile App Reports” privilege in your Manage Business settings.
Make sure your employees upgrade their Professional App to version 1.271.266.
Improve front desk workflows with Boulevard Duo app enhancements
Since releasing the Boulevard Duo app, we’ve released several improvements that will make your front desk’s day-to-day a bit easier:
- While payments processed with the Boulevard Duo or with a card on file no longer require a signature, the Duo app will now automatically ask for a signature when swiping or manually entering credit cards.
- Skip prompting a client for gratuity from the checkout window if it was already collected to make checkout even faster with the Duo app.
- New notifications in the Dashboard and within the app will notify you when a new version of the app is available to download.
- If a client didn’t finish checking in from the Duo app, you can now switch the control of the app so it can be used to check out a different client.
- To make sure your iPad is always ready when a new client arrives, the app will now warn a user that it will return to the welcome screen if it has been idle for at least 90 seconds.
Make sure you’re using the latest version of the Duo app to utilize the latest and greatest enhancements!
Gain more control over who can block time on your calendar
You may not want all employees to be able to block time on your calendar. Now you can choose who has the ability to set Time Blocks with a new privilege.
By disabling this privilege, the privilege group will no longer have the ability to create or adjust Time Blocks.
Customize how staff requests are calculated
Tracking requested staff metrics just got more flexible! Now, you can specify whether to automatically indicate a staff member as requested versus non-requested when an appointment is scheduled directly on the staff member's calendar.
To disable and prevent staff from being automatically marked as requested, navigate to the Details section of your Manage Location tab.
Always know who's performing a service
Before, you could only see the service for a client’s upcoming appointment in their client profile. Now, you’ll also see the staff member assigned to scheduled appointments.