Service add-ons are unique options meant to enhance or customize a service. They can be a way to upsell while also improving the client’s overall experience. Add-ons can be included in the service at no cost or an additional cost.
- With massage services, clients can add essential oils.
- If it was a hair service, clients can have a hydration treatment as an add-on.
- For facials, an add-on could be a lip or eyebrow wax or even a specialized mask.
Boulevard allows you to customize the cost and duration of service add-ons in addition to grouping these add-ons. There is also an advanced settings option, which provides the ability to set an internal cost as well as processing, finishing, and transition times.
- Navigate to the Services tab of your Manage Business settings.
- Select the name of the service you would like to set up add-ons for.
- Within this Service Details window, select Options (next to Overview).
- Select Create New Group and enter a “Group Name” and “# of options required to book.” Groups are used to organize add-ons during booking and checkout.
- Select Add Options and enter the Name of the add-on, a description (optional), pricing, and timing. Selecting Advanced will give you the option to enter an Internal Cost or any Advanced Timing (Processing/Finishing/Transition).
- Select Add Options to set up each of the add-ons for the service.
- Repeat this process for each service that has add-on options.
Booking an Add-On from the Dashboard
- Within the Calendar or Front Desk tabs, select New Appointment and choose the service. Click on the 3 dots to select the Add-Ons option.
- Choose the add-on and select Update. Complete the booking of the appointment.
- Select the appointment to see the add-on displayed under the service. The cost of the add-on is also included in the service total.
Booking an Add-On from the Self-Booking Widget
After clients choose their desired service, they will then have the option to select an add-on. They will also see the cost of each add-on when booking.