Using the Boulevard Duo app, you'll never have to ask a client if they would like to add gratuity. Clients can add tips directly from the app.
- Setup the Boulevard Duo app by following the instructions.
- In the Manage Business settings of your dashboard > Business Details tab > Gratuity Settings > toggle on Accept Gratuity.
- In the Manage Location settings of your dashboard > Hardware tab > Settings tab > toggle on Prompt client for gratuity amount. Set up to three gratuity percentages that clients can choose from.
- At the bottom of the checkout window, you will see the linked iPad for the Boulevard Duo app preselected (or can click to select it).
- Select any of the Card options such as Charge card with Boulevard Duo and select green button Collect Gratuity and Charge.
- On the Boulevard Duo app, the client will select the gratuity amount they prefer and then select Proceed to Payment.
- After a successful payment transaction, the order will be completed with the added gratuity.
Things to Note
- No more signatures? Credit card companies no longer require EMV-compliant merchants to collect signatures. As long as the Duo is being used to collect payment, no need to worry about signatures!
- Clients will be prompted to leave gratuity separately for each service provider on an appointment checkout.
- Clients will be prompted for gratuity for all credit card payment types, including card on file, manually entered, swipe, or EMV via tap/insert with the Boulevard Duo chip reader.
- Clients will not be prompted for gratuity on partial charges.
- Clients will not be prompted for gratuity for Cash, Gift Card, Account Balance, or Other Payment types.
- If a service provider has set an Alias Name in their settings, this alias name will display on the gratuity screen of the Boulevard Duo app as well.