The Boulevard Duo app is the ultimate front desk companion. This app pairs with your Boulevard Duo smart card reader and Boulevard dashboard to provide the best possible client experience—before and after their appointment. Functionality includes:
- Check in clients: Use the Boulevard Duo app to welcome and check-in clients, collect necessary appointment information, and let your staff know they’ve arrived.
- Enable walk-ins: Front desk busy? Now you can quickly and easily accept walk-ins and gather their personal information without lifting a finger.
- Collect digital forms: No more paper clipboards. Create custom digital forms and use your iPad to gather all the information your staff needs to perform their best. Keep all their information on file for future appointments.
- Accept payments & gratuity: Offer your clients flexible, contactless payment options like Apple Pay and Google Pay. Securely process payments with EMV technology. And discreetly accept gratuity right within the Boulevard Duo app.
Prevent Clients from Exiting the Boulevard Duo App on your iPad
Boulevard recommends using the “Guided Access” feature on the iPad running the Boulevard Duo App. Apple iPads have a built-in feature called Guided Access, which limits users to one specific app, preventing them from switching to another app or returning to the Home screen. To enable this feature:
- Go to your iPad’s Settings > Accessibility, then turn on Guided Access.
- Tap Passcode Settings, then tap Set Guided Access Passcode.
- Enter a passcode, then re-enter it. From here, you can also turn on Face ID or Touch ID as a way to end a Guided Access session.