Resource Scheduling lets you create resource categories that can be assigned to specific services. Please see below for steps on how to use Resource Scheduling within your dashboard.
- Admins have the ability to create Resource Categories.
- Location Managers have the ability to create new resources to associate with services.
Create Resource Category
- Navigate to the Manage Business toggle (upper righthand corner) and select Resource Categories
- Select Create Category to name your resource and apply resource type
- Please assign the most accurate resource type to ensure proper reporting data
Create New Resource
- Navigate to Manage Location tab and select Resources
- Name your resource, input a description, apply the category, and select a color to associate with your resource within the calendar view
Associate Resource to a Service
- Navigate to Services and select a service
- Go to Resources and enable on both parent and child categories
- Please note: the resource categories you select will be scheduled for the service. If you need two resource categories but only select one (i.e. you only select a room, but also need equipment) the only resource that will be scheduled is the one you have selected.
Enable Resource Scheduling
- Navigate to Schedule and select Resources to make them available for scheduling
- You are able to toggle between Staff and Resources on the calendar view, if desired.
- You can view and select appointment times optimized by Boulevard’s intelligent scheduling now. Just click on the calendar, select new appointment, input details and select view times or all times. Best times will provide recommendations based on the best way to optimize the calendar.
- Navigate to Reports and scroll to Insights → Resource Utilization
Things to Note
- Front Desk Tab: resources will appear within appointment cards