Boulevard's integrated inventory management tool allows businesses to track inventory in-store. All product sales done through Boulevard will automatically update product quantities. Boulevard recommends performing an inventory re-count as often as possible to keep accurate record of current product quantities.
IMPORTANT TIP: Returned products are not automatically put back into inventory. Use the steps below to add a product back into inventory if the product remains in saleable condition after the return.
Adjusting Product Quantities
- From the Products list click Adjust Quantities
- Select the reason for the adjustment from the following options:
- Received Stock - New product received from a purchase order
- Usage - Product was used in-store for backbar or sample
- Inventory Re-count - Inventory is being recounted for accuracy
- Damage - Product is unsaleable due to damage
- Theft - Product is unsaleable due to theft
- Loss - Product is unsaleable due to other loss
- Return - Product was returned
- Enter the quantities of the desired products and click the purple checkbox to confirm
- Click Save All when done
- A historical record of the change will appear at the bottom of the product details window