New products should be added at the main business level whenever possible. Products added at the main business level can be further customized at each individual location.
Adding New Products
- From main business settings > Products > New Product
- Enter the Product Name then click Create Product
- Enter the product size and color (optional)
- Enter the product SKU or 12-digit UPC Barcode
- Add a description (optional)
- Add the Retail Price and Unit Cost
- Select if tax is charged on the product
- Choose the product Supplier (optional)
- Choose the product Category (optional)
- Enter the product Brand name
- Click Save
IMPORTANT TIP: Newly-added products will by default not be active at the location level. The product will need to be enabled at the location by clicking the purple toggle switch next to it. Only products whose category is set as "Retail" will show up in the Checkout window.