Editing a Client's Membership
Learn more about creating memberships in the Memberships: Creating, Selling and Viewing article.
Pausing a Membership
- In the client's profile, under the Products tab, click the Edit button next to the subscription you'd like to pause.
- Select Pause Subscription.
- Choose Pause Indefinitely or Pause Until Future Date. The date you choose means the membership will resume on that date.
Resume a Membership
- In the client's profile, under the Products tab, click the Edit button next to the subscription you'd like the resume.
- Select Unpause Subscription to resume the membership immediately.
Cancelling the Membership
- In the client's profile, under the Products tab, click the Cancel button next to the subscription.
*Clicking this button cannot be undone!
Card Declines and Past Due Memberships
Boulevard will automatically attempt to renew subscriptions on their expiration date, however customer card-declines are inevitable. To identify membership subscriptions which are past their due date:
- Click Business Settings (gear icon)
- Select Memberships in the list on the left
- Set the filter to "Past Due"
Once a subscription has expired, and the renewal charge attempt was unsuccessful, the membership will be placed into a Past Due state. To recover the subscription, you may click the client's name, and navigate to their Product tab, which will show their membership alongside the ability to update the card.
From this page you can open up the renewal order (by clicking the link in the most recent renewal order), and checking it out as normal with an updated credit card. As soon as the order is paid and completed, the card on the subscription will be automatically updated to the card which used for the most recent order.
In the case of a Past Due membership, once the credit card is updated, Boulevard will attempt to charge the card on file early the next morning. If the business wishes to charge before that time, they can manually checkout the order using the new card details.