STX DATA EXPORT INSTRUCTIONS
The instructions below will guide you through using Boulevard’s STX data export tool to extract data from an installed STX system. This tool will only work with STX Desktop, not the cloud-based version called Beacon. STX must be installed on a computer running Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or newer.
- Backup existing STX data using the STX software’s backup feature, consult the software’s manual for more details.
- Open the Boulevard export tool directly on the computer running STX.
(Tip: If you see a warning about an “unidentified developer”, right-click the app in Finder and select “Open” instead of double-clicking it. If this doesn’t work, see Apple’s support article for alternative instructions.)
- Once launched, the tool will ask where to store the exported STX data and create a new file there.
- Rename the newly created file ‘[business name] STX Export.tar’.
- Use Google Drive or Dropbox to send the file to your Boulevard representative.
Once Boulevard has the exported data, account set-up can begin. If there have been significant changes in appointments and client data, you may want to run the export once again and send Boulevard the final data one day before go-live.