To allow customers to book appointments online, a booking button or tab must first be added to the website. After successful installation, clicking this button or tab will trigger a window to slide onto the current webpage. This window, called the Booking Widget, is where the appointment-booking happens.
STEP 1: Create the Booking Button(s) or Tab
Multiple buttons can be created and placed in various places on the business website, all which trigger the opening of the Booking Widget. You may also wish to search the Wix Support Center for more detailed instructions.
- In the Editor, click to add a new button where you'd like it located
- Name the booking button(s) "Book Now" or similar
- In the button's link settings, choose 'Web Address' and enter in the URL of your business followed by /#book-now
- Under 'How does it open?' select 'Current window'
- Click Done
STEP 2: Code Injection
Every business has unique HTML code that has already been created by Boulevard. The specific code snippet is located in the business settings (gear icon) > Online Booking > Booking Widget. Copy the full code snippet to use for the next step. (This script may already have been provided to you).
In Wix, follow these steps to inject the code:
- Under Settings, select Tracking & Analytics
- Click + New Tool, then </> Custom
- Now cut and paste the code snippet under "Paste the code snippet here:"
- Choose the same options pictured above
- Click Apply
Once the code is injected and saved, and the website is published, clicking the booking buttons should now call the Boulevard booking widget.
For more details or to trouble see the specific article about code injection from Wix.