Why doesn't the Sales Summary report total match the amount that was deposited into the bank?
The Sales Summary report and Transfers are generally not meant to be compared, as quite often their daily amounts will not match. This is mostly due to an industry standard batching cutoff time that batches credit card sales after 5:00pm PST into the next business day's settled transactions.
Other common causes for discrepancies:
- A refund may have been processed. Refunds will change totals in the Sales Summary report but will not change already-batched funds.
- The sale date of an order may have been edited. This will allow the sale to appear on another date in the Sales Summary report but will not change already-batched funds.
- The sale and settle dates may be different. The Sales Summary report shows transactions on the sale date, while the Transfers list shows transactions on the day that they settle.
- Business day cutoffs - Transactions that happen after the bank cutoff time on the last day of a month will likely be lumped into the following month when referencing the 1099K.
- Same-day partial refunds - Amex and some other card brands do not allow same-day partial refunds, and require that the business waits until after the payment settles. For this reason, Boulevard takes the complexity of managing refunds and issues them as soon as they are allowed by the processing bank. This often skews the day that refunds take place in Boulevard versus on the merchant processor's side.
If I delete an order, will a client get refunded?
Deleting an order will not refund a client. Closed orders cannot be deleted. If an order is open and a client has been charged without finalizing the order, deleting the order will not refund the client.