Boulevard's Foray into Merchant Processing
In the early days of Boulevard's development, we learned very quickly that merchant processing is a crooked industry with layers of mind-numbing complexities and flagrant collusion. Processors and issuers use misleading terms like "discount," provide cryptic statements to deceive their customers, willingly facilitate friendly fraud with chargeback abuse, and misrepresent their customers' actual processing rates with hidden fees. We decided to take a different approach at Boulevard.
Because seamless payments are so core to Boulevard's offering, we made the investment to become a Level 1 PCI-compliant integrated payment solution (ISV), a payment gateway, and a payment facilitator (PayFac). By doing this, we are able to:
- Reconcile the schedule with the point-of-sale so neither one becomes out-of-sync, saving your managers and accountants hours each week
- Cut out two layers of intermediaries, saving our customers expensive markups
- Collective bargain for favorable rates on behalf of all the merchants we power
- Handle all the complicated stuff so our customers don't have to
- Add transparency to the process
While Boulevard's default rates are more favorable than any other integrated payment processor on the market, we may be able to uncover some additional ways to save for high-volume merchants. If your monthly credit card sales (net of refunds) exceeds $100,000 per month for three consecutive months, please reach out to your account manager or Boulevard's Support Team. One of our payments specialists will review your account and help you find the right transaction rates and pricing model for you.
Rapid Growing Businesses & Repricing
Boulevard powers a number of exciting and rapidly growing businesses who may qualify for rate repricing or alternative payment structures. In the event that your business reaches the next tier (as outlined below), your Boulevard account manager may proactively reach out to recommend an account review. We need the explicit consent of the business owner to begin the review process.
|Price Tier||Monthly Credit Card Volume|
|Tier 2||$100,000 - $249,999|
|Tier 3||$250,000 - $499,999|
|Tier 4||$500,000 - $999,999|
- Not all businesses may be eligible for lower rates following an account review
- A number of factors are analyzed when reviewing card acceptance, including:
- Monthly sales and refunds volume
- Average order size
- Card type, brand, and level
- Card owner (personal, international, business, etc.)
- Card Present (swipe, chip) vs. Card Not Present (keyed, on-file)
- Sales to chargeback ratio
- Merchant category, and more
- Repricing can only be done once per Tier
- If given the option of different pricing models (i.e., interchange vs. fixed flat), your decision cannot be changed for 12 months or until your next repricing
- Repriced rates are non-negotiable and are unique to a single Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Rates cannot be shared between Boulevard accounts
At this time, Boulevard is not compatible with third-party merchant processors.