A 'Membership' is a pre-paid termed subscription. The individual terms are set by the business, with purchasing clients ('Members') automatically charged either monthly or annually. Memberships will automatically renew on the set renewal date using the payment method that was used at the time of sign-up. For issues regarding card declines and past due memberships, see Memberships: Managing Billing.
Creating a New Membership
Before a membership can be sold, it must first be created as a product.
- Head to Products > New Product
- In the Description field, add the membership terms
- In the Retail Price field, add the monthly or annual fee
- If the Membership is to include pre-designated services, select 'This is a package' then choose the voucher expiration and add the number of vouchers for each included service
- Select 'This is a subscription'
- Choose Monthly or Annual as the term length
- Click Save
Selling a Membership In-Store
Memberships being sold in-store can be sold a-la-carte in a retail-only order or added to an existing order.
- In the checkout window, search and add the desired membership
- Checkout the order as usual
Selling a Membership Online
Memberships are made purchasable online by checking "Allow this to be purchased online" in the Edit Product window at the location level (Manage > Products).
Once the membership has been made purchasable online, it will appear in the booking widget. IMPORTANT: Memberships, like all virtual products, must be purchased in a separate transaction. For example, clients cannot book an appointment and purchase a membership at the same time.
Verifying a Membership
Once a membership has been successfully added, it will appear as a badge under the client's name during appointment checkout.
Memberships will also appear in the Products tab on the Client Profile.
Discounting a Membership
When a discount is added to a membership, each following billing cycle will charge that same discounted amount again. The discount will apply each month. To discount an existing membership, first cancel the membership then create a new membership with the discounted pricing in a retail-only order.