Boulevard offers a Register feature that allows businesses to easily track cash-on-hand, deposits, and withdrawals from a centralized cash register. To access the the Register feature, go to the Sales tab for the location and then Register.
When a cash payment or refund is processed, that cash amount will automatically be accounted for in the current drawer. The current drawer shows the cash sales, cash refunds, how much has been paid in/out, and how much cash is expected to be in the drawer.
Pay In and Pay Out
The Pay In and Pay Out features are used to track the manual deposit or removal of cash from the register. To add or remove cash:
- Click Pay-In or Pay-Out
- Enter a detailed description of the deposit or withdrawal
- Enter the amount of the deposit or withdrawal
- If doing a Pay Out, select the Category from either
- Click Pay In (Add cash) if adding cash or Pay Out (Remove cash) if removing cash
The Count Drawer feature is used to total up all remaining funds in the register at the time of closeout or day's end, however it can be done as many times as desired. To count the drawer:
- Add a description of who is doing the count/close-out or reason why
- Add in the various coins and bills or other (currency only - no checks, etc)
- Click Submit Drawer Count > Confirm Drawer Count when all drawer contents are accounted for
The history of all closed-out drawers will show on the left side of the screen. Click any of the dates or times to open up the summary of that particular drawer.