Awkward checkout is so passé. Using the Boulevard Reception app, you'll never have to ask a client if they would like to add gratuity. Clients can add tip and sign their name, all within the app. It is recommended to use an Apple Pencil or similar accessory. Please see the Supported Hardware article for links to recommended products.
NOTE: When multiple iPads are present, orders will open on all iPads that are enabled for remote control (see article on iPad settings). Currently there is no way to single out a particular iPad for use.
Using the Reception App at Checkout
- Open the Boulevard Reception app and login
- Review the app settings to ensure correct setup
- In the checkout window add correct services, products, and prices then
- At the bottom left of the checkout window click Collect Signature
- Hand the device and stylus to the client
- After Done Signing is tapped, gratuity will automatically refresh in the checkout window
- Now swipe the credit card and finalize the transaction