Every service on Boulevard can be customized to the business or staff member's preference. Customization starts with allowing or disallowing the service to be bookable online. From there, unique customizations can be made to the cost of the service and the durations involved.
Online Booking Availability
Customizing Services starts with choosing whether or not the service should be available to be booked online. By default, added services are automatically made active for online booking. To choose if a service should be bookable online, go to Manage > Services, select the service, then in the Service Details window check or uncheck "Bookable online".
When unchecked, the service will not appear in the booking widget. It will still appear in the business' main service menu and able to be added manually.
Every service can be customized by role type or person, including custom:
Customizing services can be done in two places, either 1) at the Service Details level, or 2) within the Staff Profile of an individual person. Make changes at the Service Detail level if customizing multiple values for multiple people and when first setting up a service. Make changes at the Staff Profile level if customizing changes for just a few people.
1) At the Service Detail level:
- Head to Manage > Services
- Locate the service and enable or disable it for the location
- Click the individual service to open up the Service Details
- Enable, disable, and customize the service by role or by individual person. If a role is disabled, all staff members with that role will be hidden
- Click Save Changes
|IMPORTANT: Any values entered in the Service Details will override the Default values. If no amount is entered, the Default details will automatically be inherited.|
Example Below: The Special Occasion Styling service is enabled at the Beverly Hills location. Colorists can perform the service, and both Colorists, Danny and Rosalind, perform the service. The default price by the role (Colorist) is $140 for 2 hours. For Danny, he has customized his price to $150 and the duration to be 1 hour 30 minutes. Makeup Artists do NOT perform the service, so it's disabled for that role. Dennis is in a role that DOES perform the service, however he DOES NOT, so the service is disabled for him individually.
2) At the Staff Profile level:
- Click Manage, Staff, the name of the person you wish to customize
- Under their name, click Services
- Find the name of the specific service, then to the right of that service click Customize
- Check the boxes to select or customize values and enter in those values
- Click Update Service to save changes
Saved customizations will appear in blue in the Service Details window. All customizations will immediately go live and new prices and durations will immediately be reflected in the service details and on the booking widget.