Checking out an appointment on Boulevard is generally done after the service is provided; ideally the same day of the appointment or soon thereafter. Checking out an appointment ensures that the service provider gets paid, the customer gets charged, and that the appointment details get added into the client history and business reports.
Basic Appointment Checkout
- From the calendar, single-click the appointment to be checked out
- In the bottom right corner, click Checkout Appointment (Note: You may need to click "Mark as Confirmed", "Mark as Arrived", etc. until "Checkout Appointment" appears)
- Review and make any needed adjustments to the services, prices, and products (see below)
- If you wish to Prebook a future appointment, do this now using the buttons on the left
- Apply the payment source(s) (see below)
- Click Checkout
- Add an optional message on the receipt, then click Done
From the Checkout window, you can optionally change a price or add services or products. Using the icons to the right of the checkout window, you can Adjust Service Total (all services) or to Adjust Price (that specific service only). Click Update once the new price is correct. You will then see the discount or adjustment in the new Total.
Multiple Payment Sources
You can apply several payment sources to a single order. For example, cash can be applied and the remaining balance can be split up across multiple credit cards or an "Other" payment source such as a credit voucher. Cash should be applied first.
- Click the Cash button at the bottom of the window
- Enter in the amount of cash applied
- Click Add Partial Payment
- You will now see the cash applied to the total
- Select the card on file
- Add a new card, or specify a different amount to be charged
- Click Complete Checkout to finalize the checkout
You can now select if you'd like the customer to be emailed a receipt, and can enter in an optional one-time personal note to show on the customer receipt. Click Done to exit the window. Your appointment is now checked out. The color of the appointment will fade darker and a small dollar-sign icon will appear in the top right corner of the window.