Boulevard offers a 2-way calendar sync with personal calendars. Users who sync their personal calendars to their Boulevard profiles benefit from the automatic blocking off of events from other calendars. Once an event is created in a synced calendar, that same time block will automatically be blocked off on the synced Boulevard calendar. Clients will not be able to book an appointment during blocked-off times. Blocked-off events can remain private; clients will only see that they cannot book an appointment during those times. IMPORTANT: All events must be edited from the calendar they were created in.
Importing a Personal Calendar into Boulevard
From the dropdown menu on the top right of your screen, go to My Settings > Calendar Integrations > Import External Calendars. Here you will find fields to name your calendar and input its individual URL link. See the instructions below to find the URL for Google and iCloud calendars.
Google Calendar URLs
Note: You can only edit Google Calendar sharing settings from a computer, not the mobile app.
- On a computer, open Google Calendar.
- In the top right, click Settings > Settings.
- Open the Calendars tab.
- Click the name of the calendar you want to share.
- Open the Share this Calendar tab.
- Check "Make this calendar public". (It will NOT actually be public, just able to be shared.)
- Click Save.
- Click the name of the calendar you just made pubic.
- In the "Calendar Address" section, click ICAL. (HTML will not sync to Boulevard)
- A window with your calendar's public web address will appear. Copy this link to share your calendar.
For further detail, you can reference this article from Google Support.
iCloud Mobile URLs
On your mobile device, open up the iCal app, then click Calendars on the bottom.
Click the information tab of the calendar you would like to sync.
Toggle Public Calendar to the on position, and then click Share Link.
Note: Again, making a calendar public only means that it is shareable. It is not viewable by anyone who does not have the URL.
Click Copy and then text or email yourself the URL link.
Once you have that URL link, copy and paste it back into your Dashboard. You have the option to make the event titles visible or private. If you choose to not show event titles, events will just say 'Blocked'.
iCloud Desktop URLs
If accessing your iCloud Calendar from your computer desktop:
- Go to https://www.icloud.com/#calendar
- Sign in
- Click the sharing icon next to the calendar you wish to share
- Click Public Calendar > Copy Link
- Paste that link into your Boulevard account or email or text that URL to your Boulevard Concierge